The Porch Southern Fare & Juke Joint, in Medford, is looking for talented FOH staff to join their team. The ideal candidate should be friendly, outgoing, and thoughtful, with a sincere desire to provide guests with great memories and an exceptional experience. They expect bartenders (and all team members) to maintain a devotion to honesty, transparency, and kindness – not only to guests, but to fellow team members.
They’re looking for experienced hosts, servers, bartenders and support staff who are passionate about hospitality, craft cocktails and beer. Must be willing to learn. The Porch is invested in their employees, and they pride themselves on promoting an atmosphere of personal and professional growth.
Here’s what they offer:
- Competitive hourly pay including tips
- Extensive and continued education in spirits, wine and beer
- Access to high end, brand new equipment
- Free Live Music performances
- Free Parking
- Walking distance from the Wellington T Station with a shuttle that runs from the T Station to the campus
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least a combined 2 years of bartending/ service or customer service experience, will train the right candidate.
- A self-motivated, can do attitude
- A passion about spirits, cocktails and service
- The ability to lift 50 plus pounds
- The willingness to learn and teach others
- Open availability and scheduling flexibility. MUST be able to work Sundays, holidays and weekends
About The Porch:
The Porch Southern Fare and Juke Joint is a unique restaurant, bar and music venue situated in the thriving intersection of Medford and Somerville. They’re not northerners attempting to copy the southern experience, rather southerners bringing a fresh take on proper southern cuisine. Their authentic approach to food, drinks and hospitality are rooted in their family history below the Mason-Dixon and throughout the hills of Appalachia. Their focus on traditional, yet forward-leaning Southern fare with an advanced beverage program is truly unique to New England.
Job Type: Full-time
Bartending: 2 years (Preferred)
Restaurant: 2 years (Preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
To apply, send your resume to the email address provided below.