The Porch Southern Fare & Juke Joint, in Medford, is looking for an Assistant General Manager to help manage their new restaurant & entertainment venue. The ideal candidate will fully understand and embrace the idea of “Southern Hospitality”, even if they don’t possess the ‘Southern’ part. This individual should be a friendly, outgoing, and thoughtful person, with a sincere desire to provide guests with great memories and good times. Additionally, their AGM should have a solid grasp of good service practices, restaurant operations, and foodservice financials. Furthermore, they expect their Assistant Manager to maintain a devotion to honesty, transparency, and kindness – not only to guests, but to team members. Their goal is to foster a nurturing environment and culture of transparency within their team.
Day-to-day responsibilities of their AGM will include:
- Manage service periods, including assigning sections, reviewing chefs’ notes, and assisting service staff when needed
- Respond to complaints, taking whatever steps are required to turn a dissatisfied guest into a happy guest.
- Scheduling FOH staff to ensure proper coverage.
- Work with FOH team to maintain cleanliness and organization of all FOH areas, including dining room, billiard lounge, private dining room, and restrooms.
- Keep inventory of paper supplies and restock accordingly.
- Assist in management of catering orders and private functions.
Requirements for consideration for this position include:
- At least one year of supervisory experience in the food service industry
- Early morning, closing, holidays, and weekend availability as required.
- Ability to delegate and lead by example
- Perform well under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Embrace systems and possess a willingness to learn
- Clearly communicate within a team
- Must be an effective trainer, and be excited about the idea of teaching
- Be highly organized and possess strong time-management skills
Benefits will include generous compensation, health/dental package, and paid time off.
The Porch aims to provide their staff with potential for professional development and growth. They strongly believe in promoting from within, and recognizing the talent displayed by their team members. If you are seeking a team within which you can learn, grow, and further your career, The Porch is your home!