The Pearl is a contemporary, Asian-fusion Nantucket legacy. The restaurant boasts innovative culinary and a fresh design sensibility. Following its celebrated 30-years of restaurant excellence, The Pearl has undergone a thoughtful transformation. The Pearl is seeking a motivated individual to be a leader on our culinary team. Nantucket Island, 30 miles off the coast of Massachusetts is an award winning dining destination. This is a seasonal position offered from April until the end of October. We will be able to assist with relocation and provide housing.
The ideal sous chef is a leader in the kitchen, working alongside the executive chef to develop menu dishes, ordering and inventory and kitchen staff management. The sous chef is also in charge of preparing their station, maintaining a clean work environment and executing their station with excellence. This integral position plays a key role in the heart of the house.
- Properly costs out all Menus including each component of the dish from sauce to protein. – Manages Food Inventory, including ordering, receiving and product.
- Supervises activities of kitchen staff, including Line Cooks, Prep Cooks and Dishwashers
- Manages ongoing performance and training of staff including feedback and reviews.
- Helps to train line cooks on all stations
- Manages appropriate health and safety standards and best practices are followed and maintained by setting the example at all times.
- Masters all recipes from prep to plate and trains the team on how to execute with efficiency, accuracy and consistency.
- Actively participates in service and is able to work every station in the BOH including expo.
- Maintains ongoing involvement with menu modifications, product/inventory research and best practices enhancement.
- Assists in other duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or F&B Leadership Team.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive pay.
- Opportunity to work in an environment fostering an innovative approach to hotel operations, which encourages initiative and leadership.
- Working with highly talented people who are extremely passionate about their craft. – Leadership & professional development growth opportunities.
- Referral program.
To apply, please send your resume or an email to the email provided below.