The Painted Burro Waltham is the newest location of The Painted Burro in Davis Square, from the group that brought you Posto Restaurant & Rosebud American Kitchen and Bar. Their goal at the Painted Burro is to create diverse food and cocktails inspired by the eclectic Mexican culture all served in a fun yet refined atmosphere. The Painted Burro’s cuisine is rooted in traditional Mexican recipes yet is prepared with its own signature and style. The bar has expanded both in size as well as with its beverage program which now features over 150 tequilas and Mezcals.
The Assistant General Manager will work in conjunction with the General Manager and Chef covering a variety of responsibilities ranging from hiring & employee development to product training, ordering FOH supplies, managing labor & operating costs, and hands-on involvement with the day-to-day operation of the restaurant. This is a position that will primarily focus on the direct supervision of the service of the restaurant, as well as elevating the quality of the
experience of dining at the restaurant.
Ideal candidates should possess the following qualities:
- an unwavering dedication towards developing a restaurant culture rooted in hospitality, education and employee development
- desire to mentor the front of the house team to develop their strengths while coaching them on areas for further improvement
- ability to train and motivate a staff of approximately 25 employees
- desire to challenge oneself and explore new and creative ways to provide a greater level of service to guests
- an analytical approach towards day to day responsibilities ranging from ordering, receiving, scheduling, and general restaurant planning
- a contagious passion for the hospitality industry that reflects the values of the company’s service model
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a successful restaurant group and continue to build momentum as they come back from a rollercoaster year. All candidates will be reviewed with confidentiality. They look forward to hearing from you!