The Painted Burro & Burro Bar are hiring! After taking a break for the winter, they are gearing up to be back serving up inspired Mexican cuisine and a wide array of agave spirits and delicious margaritas. They are looking for high-energy, business-savvy and people-friendly professionals to join the FOH Management teams in Somerville & Brookline.
With the added challenges of Covid-19 in the restaurant industry, it is even more important to ensure that they’re training employees thoroughly and enforcing standards & policies for everyone’s safety, and to provide an enjoyable dining experience for guests. The FOH managers are essential in this process in onboarding new employees, overseeing training, and ensuring standards are met on a daily basis.
The Restaurant Manager will work in conjunction with the General Manager and Chefs covering a variety of responsibilities ranging from hiring & employee development to product training, ordering FOH supplies, managing labor & operating costs, and hands on involvement with the day-to-day operation of the restaurant. This is a position that will primarily focus on the direct supervision of service of the restaurant as well as elevating the quality of the experience of dining at the restaurant.
Ideal candidates should possess the following qualities:
- an unwavering dedication towards developing a restaurant culture rooted in hospitality, education and employee development
- desire to mentor the front of the house team to develop their strengths while coaching them on areas for further improvement
- ability to train and motivate a staff of approximately 25 employees
- desire to challenge oneself and explore new and creative ways to provide a greater level of service to guests
- an analytical approach towards day to day responsibilities ranging from ordering, receiving, scheduling, and general restaurant planning
- a contagious passion for the hospitality industry that reflects the values of the company’s service model
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a successful restaurant group and continue to build momentum as they reopen after hibernating for the winter. Covid-19 has provided a unique opportunity to run with new ideas, reinvent the wheel and bring joy and great food to people during a time of limited personal interaction. If that sounds fun and rewarding to you, they want to hear from you!