The Novel Kitchen by curds & co. opened in Brookline, MA in October, 2020 through a partnership with Curds & Co., a specialty cheese shop in Brookline Village, and the Brookline Booksmith. The Novel Kitchen by curds & co. is an innovative eatery, conceived and built for the “new normal” where they long for unique experiences and togetherness. Each of the featured plates and snacks are creatively developed and seasonally curated. The simple pleasure of holding an unconventional wine glass while nibbling through a bento box of specialty foods is their definition of edible self care. They thoughtfully selected their eco-friendly boxes to be perfect for both eat-in and takeout. No matter which you choose, you will be celebrating amazing artisanal food. You enjoy it simply, for what it is, what it tastes like, and who you are lucky enough to share it with. They’ve curated a small-but-mighty retail market of select provisions and housewares to showcase artisans or to spark the artisan in you. They are a perfect gift for you or someone special in your life.
They are looking to hire experienced part-time staff for the The Novel Kitchen by curds & co. Founded through a partnership with the Brookline Booksmith, The Novel Kitchen is an innovative eatery built for the “new normal”, featuring artisanal seasonal plates and snacks for sit-in or to-go dining, along with a small retail component comprising housewares. Staff perform their tasks under the supervision of an Assistant Manager. As the face of the brand, staff are expected to be warm, put-together, friendly, and polite.
- Taking customer orders
- Taking food and drinks to tables
- Refilling paper towels and napkins
- Making and preparing drinks behind the counter
- Running the register
- Prepping food
- Bussing tables
- Stocking inventory
- Making and pouring drinks
- Assembling dishes
- Pricing and merchandising of all retail products
- Checking all expiration dates on all perishable and non-perishable goods on the retail floor
- Undertaking all COVID-19 cleaning procedures
The ideal candidate will…
- Have strong customer-service experience and good communication skills
- Be warm and approachable
- Be quick, efficient, and courteous
- Have the ability to work on their feet for many hours
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Be passionate about food
- Be reliable
- Responsibly show up for shifts, cover other shifts when needed, and be communicative about their schedule schedule to their manager
- Perform their duties at a fast and efficient pace, ensuring timely delivery of drinks and food to customers
- Understand of the POS and money handling
- Be good at listening and following directions given by their supervisor
- Know all about the menu offerings and retail products
They know that everyone brings their own unique skills which can add to the team. If you have many of these qualifications, but not all of them—they encourage you to still apply! Let them help you discover if this job is right for you.
Curds & Co is a small but diverse team of driven, dedicated individuals committed to their mission of bringing cheese and happiness to the people. They value open communication, honesty, integrity and bringing your whole self to work.
this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $14.00 – $20.00