The Nautilus Nantucket is searching for an energetic, enthusiastic Lead Host to join our team. This is a seasonal, full time position with a start date of early May, and a flexible end date between late September and New Years depending on candidates schedule.
Successful candidates will have a love for hospitality and thrive in a fast paced, energetic & team oriented atmosphere. They will enjoy building relationships with guests & community. As a lead member of our front-of-house service team, you will greet customers, make and confirm reservations. You are responsible for both the logistic details, including reservations as well as setting the overall ambiance and atmosphere of the restaurant space, helping to create an environment where people not only have fun but feel relaxed, welcome, and connected.
- Adaptive organizational skills and the ability to change plans to meet new circumstances
- Excellent communication
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Make, adjust, and cancel customer reservations
- Greet customers and guide them to their tables
- Maintain guest relationships to promote repeat business.
- Make quick, logical decisions under pressure
- Ability to tactfully deliver unfavorable news to guests, and tactfully provide recovery
Rate of pay is DOE but roughly in the $20 to $25/hr range or the equivalent in salary.
Please email the address below to apply