The Nautilus is searching for a dedicated & passionate General Manager/Director of Ops to join our team. Compensation is salary based, includes paid time off, a bonus structure & health benefits. This is a full time position, however due to the seasonality of Nantucket, there is generally a two week break in November & a 5+ week break in the Jan-Mar range. We can help with relocation & housing. This position will also have some high level, behind the scenes responsibilities for our sister restaurant Gaslight Nantucket, including overseeing the manager at that restaurant.
Successful candidates will have a love for hospitality, experience in leadership roles in the restaurant industry & thrive in a fast paced, energetic & team oriented atmosphere. They will enjoy building relationships with their team, guests & community. They will be enthusiastic about restaurant culture & continued education for employees, & will possess a strong knowledge of wine, spirits, & food with an ability to sell wine to guests. Management experience as well as night & weekend work is required.
The General Manager will execute, delegate, or oversee all functions of a typical restaurant & must have excellent communication skills & set clear goals. If you’re fun, hardworking, professional, & want to be a part of an owner-operated & growing restaurant group with top notch food, drinks, service & atmosphere (& a super fun staff) – this could be the perfect job for you!
Roles & Responsibilities:
The below should serve as a general guideline only
- Full time, year round work incl, on-floor management shifts & office related tasks
- Be one of the main faces of the business & handle all guests relations
- Manage HR including all overseeing all staff, hiring, onboarding, training, daily cashouts, payroll, & general motivation & conflict resolution
- Communicate clearly & effectively with staff, guests, vendors & ownership
- Ensure all aspects of service are ready to go daily & oversee all opening & closing duties
- Manage a variety of office related items including invoices, vendor relations, receipt collection, daily cashouts, chargebacks, license renewals, gift cards, office purchasing, bookkeeper communication, cash tracking, margin & cost management, sales analysis, pricing adjustments, promotions, etc
- General company organization including website management, updating hours/information/events across all websites & social media, G drive organization, POS maintenance, & general tidiness throughout
- Social media/marketing management & brand implementation w/ input from ownership team
- Reservations & private party coordination along with owners & other managers
- Report directly to ownership
The Nautilus (opened in 2014) is a highly popular, owner operated, high energy restaurant located 30 miles out to sea on Nantucket Island. The restaurant focuses on locally sourced seasonal ingredients with Asian & Latin influences, an award winning wine & sake program, a curated beer selection & vibrant craft cocktails. The Nautilus prides itself on being one of Nantucket’s dop dining destinations. We have a devoted core team & are committed to our staff’s continued education & success. Nantucket island is a hospitality mecca surrounded by miles of pristine beaches & we are lucky to be in the heart of it. The Nautilus Nantucket operates 44 weeks out of the year, and. has sister restaurants on Nantucket (Gaslight) & in Boston (Nautilus Pier 4).