The PM Line Cook is responsible for the preparation and cooking of food for the daily operations in accordance to the chef’s specifications and Langham standards. This position requires good attitude and determination to please the guest needs while working in a positive environment. The ideal candidate must take pride in serving excellent food and confidently be able to accurately reproduce the menu. They must showcase a team attitude and be versatile within the culinary operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepares, seasons, cooks, and arranges all food items including soups, meats, vegetables, and meats for consumption in all Food & Beverage outlets.
• Maintains adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures the proper storage and refrigeration of those items
• Ensures that spoilage and wastage are kept to a minimum by utilizing proper quantities and rotating products.
• Maintains a clean and well organized work area, included but not limited to, reach in coolers, walk in coolers, countertops, and dish area.
• Responsible for opening and closing checklists for production of daily menu items.
• Must show ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all colleagues.
• Qualified candidates hired full time will be eligible for hotel benefits
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
General knowledge of culinary technique and application with willingness and attitude to learn more. Personable and ability to communicate needs to all colleagues. Ability to adapt to changing demands as related to food and beverage operations.
Food Safety: Abides by local and national food safety requirements and ensures that others do so by monitoring FIFO inventory and visually inspecting food preparation, delivery activities, and overall cleanliness of the operation.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Degree in Culinary Arts preferred, 2 to 5 years’ experience in a 4-5 star hotel or independent restaurant. Banquet experience is desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Apply online vi