Assistant Director of Food & Beverage – The Langham, Boston
The Langham, Boston is one of the city’s most historic hotels and one of the most iconic luxury hotels in the US. You will be leading a passionate & talented Food & Beverage team to drive excellence in guest experience and the overall success of The Fed, Grana and Private Kitchen Departments, by delivering high standards in guest experience & colleague engagement in alignment with the culture and values of Langham Hospitality Group.
- Develop the budget, forecast, marketing plans and objectives for the Food & Beverage division.
- Responsible for motivating and overseeing all team members in Food & Beverage departments excluding Culinary.
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility for the operation of the food and beverage departments, e.g. room service, restaurants, banquet & stewarding, etc.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all restaurants, bars, Private Kitchen, Stewarding and Banquets to achieve profitable results.
- Collaborate with the Culinary team and restaurant managers to design effective menus & wine list with a focus on revenue generation solutions to maximize sales.
- Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all F&B departments through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions & inventory control
- Assist departmental managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
- Regularly review and evaluate the degree of customer satisfaction of the restaurants and banquet service, to recommend new operating and marketing initiatives as necessary.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the colleagues in the food and beverage department. Plan and administer a training and development program within the department.
- Provide a weekly revenue forecast for all food and beverage outlets.
- Collaborate with each food and beverage Department Head to develop a business plan/budget for each outlet as well as Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for each relevant area.
- Communicate with employees to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination & cooperation between departments.
- College degree in related field preferred.
- Prior experience in nurturing employee growth and development.
- Previous management experience in restaurant, bar, banquet, stewarding, kitchen is required.
- Hearing, smelling, tasting and visual ability to observe and distinguish product quality and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Extensive knowledge of POS systems, i.e. Micros as well as proficient in Delphi, Microsoft Office, Excel & Power Point software programs
- Ability to read, speak, write and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and colleagues.
- Experience working a variable schedule (including weekends and holidays).
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
For more information about the property, please visit: https://www.langhamhotels.com/en/the-langham/boston/
To apply, please send your resume to the email provided below or use the application link.