The Langham, Boston has undergone a complete transformation and reopened its doors in June 2021 as the city’s most historic hotel and one of the most iconic luxury hotels in the US. As Senior Sous Chef, you will be leading a passionate & talented culinary team to drive for culinary excellence and the financial success of Culinary Department, by delivering high standards in guest experience & colleague engagement in alignment with the culture and values of Langham Hospitality Group.
- To oversee production and execution of food preparation for outlets.
- Organize, oversee, and participate in the plating of food for service, according to established plating and presentation criteria.
- Ensure the food is of the highest quality and ready to be served to the guest at the appropriate time.
- Assist in controlling costs by effective purchasing of food and maintaining food cost goals as well as monitoring labor levels.
- Manage day-to-day staffing such as coaching and counseling, disciplinary actions, and overall kitchen morale.
- Personable and able to convey messages clearly and concisely. Ability to adapt to changing demands as related to a food and beverage operation.
- Meet the guest needs by developing and maintaining effective relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Have the knowledge of local health rules, regulations, and food handling.
- General knowledge of menu development, costing, and BEO distribution.
- Qualified candidates hired full time will be eligible for hotel benefits
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in a 4-5 star hotel or independent restaurant in a kitchen management role with emphasis in Banquet production service
- Degree in Culinary Arts preferred
- Luxury hotel culinary experience highly desirable
- Excellent remuneration package offered to the successful candidate, as well as future career progression with The Langham Hotels & Resorts exciting, growing global portfolio
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
For more information about the property, please visit their website.
Apply via the email address below.