The Langham, Boston is undergoing a complete transformation and will reopen its doors in spring 2021 as the city’s most historic hotel and one of the most iconic luxury hotels in the US. You will be leading a passionate & talented pastry team to drive for culinary excellence and the overall success of the Pastry Kitchen, by delivering high standards in guest experience & colleague engagement in alignment with the culture and values of Langham Hospitality Group.
- To oversee all aspects of pastry food preparation, according to approved standardized recipes.
- Organize, oversee, and participate in the plating of food for service, according to established plating and presentation criteria.
- Ensure the food is of the highest quality and ready to be served to the guest at the appropriate time.
- Create pastry menus and like materials including recipes, training guides, and market lists.
- Engineer menus while developing and implementing new dishes regularly in line with seasonality, food cost, and guest feedback.
- Develop and oversee extensive hotel amenity program while working alongside Executive Chef.
- Assist in controlling costs by effective purchasing of food and maintaining food cost goals as well as monitoring labor levels.
- Manage, train, delegate, and supervise all pastry kitchen staff including training, counseling, disciplining, etc.
- Knowledge of local health rules, regulations, and food handling.
- Minimum 2 years of Pastry Kitchen management experience and 3 to 5 years’ experience in a 4-5 star hotel or independent restaurant in a kitchen management role preferred
- Luxury hotel pastry experience highly desirable
- Degree in Baking and Pastry preferred
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
For more information about the property, visit their website.
To apply, send your resume to the email address below.