The Langham, Boston is undergoing a complete transformation and will reopen its doors in June 2021 as the city’s most historic hotel and one of the most iconic luxury hotels in the US. You will be part of a passionate & talented pastry team and will help drive for excellence in the Pastry Department.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
To Assist in the production of high quality desserts & pastries for the entire hotel operation including banquets, Private Dining, Grana, The Fed, Private Kitchen, as well as any other request.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Daily efficient production for specific areas of pastry shop depending on shift as outlined by managers and according to hotel standards.
• Daily sanitation and organization of products, i.e. FIFO, HAACP, etc…
• Assistance of AM and PM Restaurant dessert service.
• Banquet event dessert preparation and buffet set up
• Assist in the production of menus and production lists if asked.
• Assist in daily requisitioning procedures.
• Ensure the food is of the highest quality and ready to be served to the guest at the appropriate time.
• Complete production of hotel amenity program desserts for VIP guests
• Work action stations and engage with guests in a friendly and personable manner
• Meet the guest needs by developing and maintaining effective relationships in both internal and external customers.
• Have the knowledge of local health rules, regulations, and food handling.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Advanced knowledge of baking and pastry technique and application. Personable and able to convey messages clearly and concisely. Ability to adapt to changing demands as related to a food and beverage operation.
Food Safety: Abides by local and national food safety requirements and ensures that others do so by monitoring FIFO inventory and visually inspecting food preparation, delivery activities, and overall cleanliness of the operation.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Degree in Baking and Pastry preferred, Experience in a 4-5 star hotel or independent restaurant in a pastry production role preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Apply via the email address provided below.