The Langham, Boston is undergoing a complete transformation and will reopen its doors in spring 2021 as the city’s most historic hotel and one of the most iconic luxury hotels in the US. You will be supporting a passionate & talented culinary team to drive for culinary excellence, by delivering high standards in guest experience & colleague engagement in alignment with the culture and values of Langham Hospitality Group.
- Prepares, seasons, cooks, and arranges all food items including soups, meats, vegetables, and meats for consumption in all Food & Beverage outlets.
- Maintains adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures the proper storage and refrigeration of those items
- Ensures that spoilage and wastage are kept to a minimum by utilizing proper quantities and rotating products.
- Maintains a clean and well organized work area, included but not limited to, reach in coolers, walk in coolers, countertops, and dish area.
- Responsible for opening and closing checklists for production of daily menu items.
- Must show ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all colleagues.
- Additional duties not mentioned above may also be requested by the supervisor
- General knowledge of culinary technique and application with willingness and attitude to learn more.
- Personable and ability to communicate needs to all colleagues.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands as related to food and beverage operations.
- Food Safety: Abides by local and national food safety requirements and ensures that others do so by monitoring FIFO inventory and visually inspecting food preparation, delivery activities, and overall cleanliness of the operation.
- Degree in Culinary Arts preferred, 2 to 5 years’ experience in a 4-5 star hotel or independent restaurant. Banquet experience is desirable.
- Qualified candidates hired full time will be eligible for hotel benefits
For more information about The Langham, Boston, please their website.
Apply via the email address provided below.