Welcome to the club! The Koji Club is a company and a community dedicated to celebrating, learning about, and advocating for Japanese sake. The Koji Club is a Japanese sake bar in The Charles River Speedway (Brighton, MA). Their mission is to reframe Japanese sake from an esoteric, “hangover inducing,” sushi companion (insert sake bomb here) to an approachable everyday beverage choice through delicious bottles, non-traditional partnerships, unique learning experiences and Boston’s first sake bar. No sake experience is required.
They are looking for team members to join them.
Primary Position Requirements
- Provides knowledgeable food and beverage service from greet to goodbye by maintaining expert knowledge of all menu offerings, steps of service and allergy information.
- Prepares and serves the food menu in a neat and orderly way to minimize food waste.
- Executes tea service and team training (upon being trained themselves).
- Washes dishes and glassware, polishing as needed.
- Turns in all guest slips properly closed out, including comps and voids.
- Accurately reports cash tips and contributes to tip pool as applicable; Records tip information on sheet, as directed by Management.
- Manages guest notes along with Shift Lead with a hospitality mindset.
- Maintains an accurate bar bank.
- Completes opening and closing side work checklist for shift daily.
- Closes down the bar in an orderly and efficient way (i.e. “Close to Open”).
- Helps with the weekly inventory and ordering including receiving and organization of deliveries.
- Reports delivery variances, food quality issues and product shortages to Manager promptly
- Maintains refrigerators, freezers and storeroom areas in a clean and organized fashion
- Extends hospitality to all Koji Club guests and, by extension, guests of The Charles River Speedway.
- Maintains sanitation to Department of Health standards; Keep work areas clean and organized.
- Complies with The Koji Club uniform, grooming, hygiene, and safety shoe standards
- Complies with all The Koji Club company and work-related policies and procedures.
- Updates knowledge and skills by participating in staff training opportunities.
- Works with co-workers and management as a professional, cohesive team at all times.
- Honors all job-related requests made by Koji Club management
- Informs Manager on Duty immediately of any DOH or OSHA/workplace safety violations.
Compensation: $15 per hour plus gratuity
Schedule: 2-3 shifts a week
TKC Hours of Operation
- Wednesday 5PM to 11PM
- Thursday 5PM to 11PM
- Friday 4PM to 11PM
- Saturday 12PM to 11PM
- Sunday 12PM to 9PM
Apply via the email address below.