The Hub on Causeway is looking for a Sous Chef to join their team.
As a Sous Chef at the Hub, you’ll be responsible for:
- Hands on cooking.
- Training, supervising, and motivating the team.
- Participating in the selection, hiring, and promotion of potential cooks, dishwashers, and other back of the house positions.
- Effective and efficient kitchen operations in absence of superior chefs (days off, vacation, etc.).
- Inspecting cleanliness and organization of kitchen, prep kitchen, dishwashing area, and pastry kitchen to comply with the high standards of the Health Department.
- Assisting in weekly inventory of total kitchen small wares and kitchen equipment.
- Ordering and inspecting all food to insure compliance with federal and state standards, as well as internal quality standards. Must be able to fully manage the food safety program of the organization.
- Maintaining labor and food cost at all times.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 4 years of culinary experience or 2 years as a Sous Chef in a restaurant with a similar style of dining, capacity, and volume.
- Managerial experience with the ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Servsafe, Food Safety Handler, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certification.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s and budgeting techniques.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to supervisors, employees and customers; able to give direction as necessary.
- Impeccable service standards, clean work habits with a great attention to detail.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) & POS systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
- Competitive compensation package
- Major medical insurance options
- Dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401k program
- Company dining discount program
Patina Restaurant Group
Take your career beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary with Patina Restaurant Group and Delaware North.
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and hospitality venues in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they represent.
Their family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations. From Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center to timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia, their restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Patina Restaurant Group is a proud subsidiary of Delaware North. At Delaware North – whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants – there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you! They empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world, and when put together with Patina Restaurant Group’s exceptional cuisine, landmark locations, and genuine hospitality, the sky is the limit.