The Harvard Club of Boston in the back Bay is looking for a cook to add to their team.
- A degree in Culinary Arts is preferred
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and work with a diverse staff
- Must be able to read, understand and operate the tickets from the KDS Kitchen Screens
- The ability to deal with unexpected problems that may arise in the course of the day to ensure the food is executed successfully.
- Fully understand the elements of flavor and proper cooking techniques.
- Need to be able to properly prepare and cook vegetables, starches, grains, meats, fish, shellfish and poultry as well as breakfast items.
- Will need to conduct a full inventory of station daily and inform Chef of items that may need to be ordered.
- Must be able to correctly sauté, braise, bake, grill and roast. Need to be able to consistently cook meat fish proteins and poultry to the correct temperature and season correctly.
- Must be able to assemble and cook food in a timely manner during service.
- Ability to follow a prep list, set line correctly and consistently daily in the time frame allotted.
- The ability to produce cutting edge sauces, soups, dressings, emulsified sauces, jams, and marinades and vinaigrettes
- Helps maintain a safe and sanitary kitchen including new safety COVID guidelines.
- Need to be able to perform all basic knife cuts
- Must be very flexible in working schedule and understand that it will change based on business levels (based on business needs including weekend/holidays) primarily pm shift hourly rate $20.18
To apply send your resume to the email address provided below.