Four Seasons Hotel Boston is looking for a Sous Chef who shares their passion for food and cooking and is willing to learn from and contribute to their culinary team. Their Sous Chef will be a key leader of a dynamic culinary team providing culinary experiences to the guests of their award winning hotel and amazing restaurant. This position reports to the restaurant chef. U.S. work authorization is required for this position.
Four Seasons Hotel Boston is the premier luxury hotel in New England’s gateway city. Overlooking the historic Boston Public Garden and steps away from city’s premier attractions and world-class shopping, Four Seasons Boston is home to the iconic Bristol Restaurant and Bar, one of Boston’s favorite dining destinations. Four Seasons Hotel Boston is distinguished as the only hotel in all of New England to have consecutively won both the AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Awards for nearly two decades.
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both their guests and employees. Because of their employee-centric approach, Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For rankings every year since 1998.
Key Elements of the Job
- Work well with and lead others in an intense environment
- Demonstrate an ability to lead, mentor and grow a diverse culinary team
- Lead by example through cooking, communication, professionalism
- Constant courteous and professional communication with FOH and other departments
- Ability to bring new styles and techniques to the culinary team and kitchen
- Maintain and grow relationships with purveyors, chefs and local peers within the restaurant community
- Must step into the role of acting culinary leader in absence of restaurant chef
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- At least 5-10 years of experience in restaurants
- Culinary education preferred
- Strong line skills needed. Sous Chefs must work no less than 3 line shifts per month and must be the strongest cook in the kitchen
- Hard working and efficient with time
- Able to accomplish admin tasks while maintaining primary focus on the kitchen
- Able to maintain constant awareness of what product is in-house
- Able to maintain current recipes and order guides in Birchstreet
- Able to understand scheduling practices and basic payroll/labor reports
- Work with restaurant chef on various initiatives and programs
What to Expect from Your Work Experience…You will
- Be part of a cohesive team with a singular focus on creating the best possible culinary experience
- Have the ability to demonstrate your unique personality and service style while achieving the brand standards that make us Four Seasons
- Be encouraged to demonstrate your professional passion
- Have career growth opportunities both within Four Seasons Hotel Boston and worldwide with theri company
- Be rewarded with market-leading pay and a comprehensive benefit plan
- Get to experience other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts through the complimentary room nights program
- Receive a complimentary meal when at work in our employee cafeteria
Learn more about their property and what it is like to work at Four Seasons by visiting:
They look forward to receiving your application!