The Dial Restaurant & Bar at 907 Main is actively searching for a creative, innovative, and motivated Sous Chef to join their opening team of professionals.
The Dial is an urban eatery and bar with a mid-century modern vibe, The Dial offers eclectic food and drink in a space designed to awaken inner rock stars. From happy hours to date nights, kick back and enjoy communal, patio and private dining in a modern, urban atmosphere. Iconic cocktails and dishes from around the world are served while stylistic touches pay homage to Cambridge’s legendary music clubs. Complete with an outdoor street-level expanse that spills out into the neighborhood, The Dial restaurant and bar captures the vibrant essence of the city.
907 Main Hotel is located in the heart of Cambridge in Central Square, a short walking distance to the campuses of MIT and Harvard University and numerous Bio-Tech and pharmaceutical company corporate headquarters.
The upper-upscale independent hotel will feature 67 guest rooms and suites, a street level restaurant and stand-alone seasonal patio as well as a vibrant roof top restaurant bar.
907 Main will become a high energy destination for domestic and international corporate and leisure travelers. A true independent with eclectic design and décor, 907 Main is poised to become the leading hotel and restaurant opportunity in the diverse multi-cultural Cambridge/Boston market.
This position will begin in February for an anticipated opening of April 2020.
• Work closely with the Executive Chef to ensure that all items needed are in stock. Maintain daily pars and place inventory orders as needed.
• Regularly make table visits to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Practice and enforce proper food storage safety, allergy awareness, food storage safety, compliance with health department code, and all other safety and security policies and procedures.
• Oversee all work stations, often assisting in completing daily prep and working on each station.
• Enforce quality control of food at all times. Coordinate with the Executive Chef on proper food preparation, execution, and plate presentation.
• Assist Executive chef in the management of all culinary staff to include but not limited to; weekly scheduling, hiring, discipline/coach and counseling, performance evaluations and all training necessary to ensure smooth operation of the culinary department
• Actively train culinary employees.
• Assist Executive Chef in the control of labor management via strategic scheduling, overtime monitoring, and making daily staffing decisions.
• In addition to the regular execution of restaurant operations, also assist in the execution of special events, private parties, and banquets.
• Assist in the development of daily specials, special menus for promotions and holidays, quarterly menu changes, and other specialty menu items.
• Actively communicate with chef on all operational needs, guest complaints, recommendations, employee issues, etc.
• Regularly work as a culinary team member, such as working grill station or sauté station 4-5 shifts per week.
• Flexibility to work nights or mornings, weekends, holidays, and busy seasonal days (i.e. town festivals).
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
• Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
• Competitive Salary/Wages
• Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
• Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
• Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
• Complimentary Meals Daily
• Free Parking
• Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
• Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
• 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
• Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
• Discounts at each of their Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
• Supportive, open-door policy work environment
• Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
• Employee Recognition Program – ‘Delight and Surprise Dollars’
• Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 2-3 years of recent Line Cook experience in a high volume, full service restaurant
• Previous staff management experience preferred
• Experience in Banquet/Event execution preferred
• Creative, innovative, and inspired to develop new and intriguing menu items designed for appropriate clientele
• Demonstrate a positive, upbeat and customer-focused attitude
• Experience in inventory control and cost management preferred
• May be subject to successful completion of background check and/or DMV check.