Looking to take the next step in your culinary career or be mentored by one of the industry’s top chefs?
The Country Club of Brookline, home of the 2022 US Open, has several career opportunities in their kitchens overseen by Certified Master Chef Joseph Leonardi. Chef Leonardi is the former manager of ACF Culinary Team USA and became 1 of 68 in the country to receive his certification as a master chef this past October.
If you are ready for a change and feel it’s time to take the next step in your career, then inquire. The Country Club is viewed as one of the nation’s top clubs in the industry. They are a year-round, equal opportunity country club with competitive wages, 401(k) package, expansive benefit package and much more to offer.
Line Cook position reports directly to the Chef de Cuisine and Director of Culinary Operations.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism through communication, work flow and appearance. Must be able to serve guest in a specific time limit and proficient manner.
- Monitor station constantly for needed product
- Work with Restaurant Chef or Chef de Cuisine to create dinner or lunch specials
- Familiarize yourself with daily staff menu, and communicate any questions or needs with Restaurant Chef and Purchasing Manager.
- Prepare PM staff meal daily and monitor proper storage of staff meal product on its designated shelf in the walk-in
- Work with Staff Hall Attendant and give direction on preparing any vegetables, starch or soup
- Check quality of station food prep. Restock and rotate food items based on freshness and quality.
- Place product orders with lead line cook for next day deliveries.
- Help to compose specials for respective dining areas.
- Clean and sanitize station throughout the evening.
- Complete a thorough cleaning of immediate station at the end of each shift. Assist coworkers in cleaning if necessary.
- Monitor the preparation and par level of food products that are stored in bulk.
- Clean and sanitize hot line in accordance with weekly and monthly cleaning lists.
- Keep immediate supervisor advised of any maintenance issues. Follow weekly cleaning schedule (posted in each station).
- Keep immediate supervisor advised of any maintenance issues. Follow monthly cleaning schedule (posted in each station).
- Completely clean kitchen “spring cleaning”.
- Must contain healthy knowledge of food products, classical and modern preparations.
- Serve Safe Certified. HACCP and First Aid preferred.
- Should be knowledgeable in recipe development.
- Stand for 8-10 hours.
- Be able to tolerate hot and cold conditions on service line.
- Must be able to kneel, bend over and stand up many times during a shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace and, on occasion, needs to be able to lift heavy pots/pans. You will be working some long days, so it’s very important to have the proper footwear to release the pressure off your back.
To apply, visit the link below!