The Country Club in Brookline is currently recruiting for a Line Cook and Banquet Cook to join our Culinary Team. The line and banquet cook will report to the Banquet Chef, Chef de Cuisine and Director of Culinary Operations. This position is vital to the culinary operations at The Country Club. The person in this position is responsible for working with the Banquet Chef, Chef de Cuisine and Director of Culinary Operations on a daily basis to assist in the culinary functions. These functions include production, maintaining sanitation standards, and the responsibility of executing culinary dishes with the highest food quality standards.
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation codes
- Ensure the highest standards are carried out
- The individual hired for this position should possess a high level of skill in cooking (including a wide spectrum of gourmet, ethnic foods, Hors d’oeuvre and buffet preparation and presentation.) They should possess leadership skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- The individual should be well educated, having graduated high school and holding a college degree at an associate’s level or higher. The degree would preferably be in Culinary Arts or a related field accompanied by strong culinary experience obtained in the field or through professional organizations such as the American Culinary Federation or World Association of Cooks. Continuing education through apprenticeship programs, work with other chefs, and related study programs are all a plus.
- The individual; should have a proven track record and work experience in the culinary industry for a minimum of two years. Experience in the private club industry is also a plus.
- Should be proficient in basic knife skills, meat, vegetable, and sauce fabrication.
- Knowledge to operate common kitchen equipment including but not limited to mixers, convection ovens, steamers, robot coup, electric pasta machine, smoker and fryer.
- Must contain healthy knowledge of food products, classical and modern preparation
- ServSafe Certified. HACCP and First Aid preferred.
This position includes a generous benefit package and competitive compensation structure.
The Country Club is not only the oldest country club in the United States; it is one of the largest in the Northeast. Nestled on 236 acres of land, just a few miles from Boston, TCC has approximately 1300 members. Our year-round club provides many facilities operating on a variety of seasonal schedules. TCC was established in 1882 as an equestrian and social club, golf was introduced in 1893. In addition to 27 holes of Golf the Club maintains dining rooms, event facilities, Curling, Tennis, Paddle Tennis, Squash, Aquatics, Fitness Center, Winter Skating including hockey, Cross Country Skiing and Skeet Shooting.