You’re in this for the love of food. Skilled in food handling, you’re ready to expand what you know about operations. You work well as a team member in a large kitchen. You work equally well as the team lead when needed. You’re trusted and respected because your knowledge is sound and you generously share what you know. You also have a keen sense of budget and know what it takes to deliver an exceptional guest experience without compromise, helping meet financial goals. If you’re ready to deepen your culinary knowledge and advance as a leader, The Charles Hotel can provide the environment where you can excel.
- A Culinary education with at least 3-4 years' experience in a related position.
- Advanced knowledge of the food profession is required, with an understanding of food and beverage management.
- Experiential knowledge in the management of people is expected.
- Effective written and verbal English communication is required
- A food handling certificate is also required.
- This position requires full mobility and the ability to regularly lift or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Use your culinary expertise to coordinate, plan, and oversee the safe production, preparation and presentation of food for exceptional guest experience and increased flow through.
- Work with the Executive Chef to improve processes that increase safety and optimize profitability.
- Enable an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance.
- Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment life cycle.
- Ensure smooth operations, and food and environmental safety, for the kitchen.
- Ensure labor and food costs fall within budget and kitchen equipment functions properly for associate safety and increased productivity.
Apply online via the link provided below.
The Charles Hotel is an EEO/AA/Disabled/Veterans Employer.