As an employee of The Charles Hotel, you will benefit from having access to Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance starting from $1.16* weekly, travel benefits across multiple brands, a complimentary daily meal, $5 discounted daily parking, $1000 referral bonus and advancement opportunities. Joining The Charles Hotel surrounds you with like-minded peers an independent hotel has to offer. In this role, as an In-Room Dining Server, you will responsible for taking and delivering customer’s In-Room food and drink orders.
*Rate is subject to change.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Alcohol Awareness Certification preferred but not required.
- Food Handlers certification preferred but not required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high-pressure situations.
- Maintain a warm friendly demeanor at all times.
- Comply at all times with The Charles Hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable to position to include Alcohol Awareness Food Handlers Safety etc.
- Perform opening and closing side work according to The Charles Hotel standards to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
- Serve guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm friendly courteous and professional manner.
- Ensure that the room service area and wait station is kept clean and tidy.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S. system.
- Carry out cashiering functions in closing checks and servicing the guest.
- Follow all state liquor laws.
- Ensure that all hallways are free from service debris and that all room service trays are brought back to the kitchen for breakdown and bussing.
- Perform other tasks/jobs as assigned by the supervisor or manager.