The Chef de Cuisine will direct enhance and refine the culinary experience through driving quality innovation execution and consistency in the hotel restaurant. The Chef de Cuisine will function as the business leader of the culinary operations to ensure profitability along with consistency and quality. Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities. Primary duties must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience as Sous Chef or one to three years of experience as a Chef de Cuisine with similar restaurants in terms of delivering quality and expectations of excellence.
- Requires good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic mathematics skills and moderate computer-based abilities.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to analyzing concerns forecasting data and making sound decisions
- Ability to host meetings menu tastings and communicate between all levels of leadership.
- Apply logic-based understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral or diagram form.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Ability to physically handle knives pots or other display items as well as grasp lift and carry same from shelves and otherwise transport up to 50 pounds to every area of the kitchen. Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces topped with cutting boards 3 to 4 feet in height. Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery to include slicers buffalo chopper grinders mixers and other kitchen related equipment.
- Ability to physically self-demonstrate culinary techniques i.e. cutting cooking principles plate presentation safety and sanitation practices.
- Ability to create build handle and dismantle food displays.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Use your culinary expertise to coordinate, plan, and oversee the safe production, preparation and presentation of food for exceptional guest experience and increased flow through.
- Work with the Executive Chef to improve processes that increase safety and optimize profitability.
- Enable an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance.
- Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment life cycle.
- Ensure smooth operations, and food and environmental safety, for the kitchen.
- Ensure labor and food costs fall within budget and kitchen equipment functions properly for associate safety and increased productivity.
Apply online at the link provided below.
The Charles Hotel is an EEO/AA/Disabled/Veterans Employer.