All BHG restaurants strive to identify specifically with the people they serve – to be known as part of the community. In atmosphere, staff, community involvement and each of their menus, they create an unassuming experience specific to each neighborhood. This vision for their brands was born right in South Boston over twenty years ago. They have now grown to thirteen restaurants across Massachusetts + Rhode Island and continue to expand. Their team needs chefs to grow with them who have a creative passion, and are up to the challenge of taking approachable, familiar dishes and making them
a unique experience for ever evolving South Boston.
The Sous Chef is responsible for delegation of main kitchen line management and technical food production. This position is responsible for the preparation of high quality meals in accordance with our standards, menu specifications and production schedules. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Executes and supervises food production activities, e.g. proper cleaning, cutting, marinating, seasoning, cooking of food items etc.
- Monitors and controls all labor and food costs through effective scheduling, training and supervising the production of the food to ensure that budgeted food cost, kitchen labor cost and related operating expense goals are achieved
- Assist in the development of food products and menus as needed for menu presentations
- Expedites orders to maximize efficient production and delivery to the guest in the proper order
- Monitors and controls the maintenance and sanitation of the kitchen and equipment to ensure a healthy, safe work environment in compliance with company and industry standards
- Conducts quality checks of goods received
- Ensure appropriate rotation of all stored products
- Monitors and ensures compliance with recipe specifications
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed
- Guide, motivate, train and develop line employees
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include but not limited to: interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Teach and train staff of production and presentation changes to menu items
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum 3 years kitchen staff supervisory experience
- Minimum 5 years technical food production experience in modern dining restaurant
- Well-rounded food background with extensive knowledge of all kitchen equipment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal, written communication and math analyzation skills
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labor and waste
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Confident and effective operational and motivational speaking skills
- Ability to calculate and apply figures and amounts in recipe and labor costing and control.
- Ability to follow delegation while providing technical and management troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques
- Strong interpersonal staff relations and leadership skills
- Ability to provide consistent food quality
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
Apply via the email address provided below.