BONUS – $250.00 signing bonus. This bonus will be paid out once ninety (90) days have been successfully completed with good standings and review. *Must inquire within*
The Striper’s Restaurant at The Breakwater Inn & Spa is actively searching for a creative, innovative, and motivated Sous Chef to join their Culinary team.
This is a Full-Time position. Expected regular shifts will include mornings and/or evenings with a flexible schedule and weekend/holiday availability.
Hay Creek Hotels of Kennebunkport encompasses multiple properties managed by Hay Creek Hotels; the Breakwater Inn and Spa, Striper’s Waterside Restaurant, and the Beach House Inn. The Breakwater Inn and Spa is situated on the Kennebunk River, offering 35 guest rooms with incredible views of coastal Maine. Nearby, the Beach House Inn adds an additional 35 guest rooms. Guests at both properties are encouraged to enjoy elevated New England cuisine at Striper’s Waterside Restaurant and spa services from the public Breakwater Spa. Visit The Breakwater Inn, The Beach House, and Striper’s Waterside Restaurant for more information. Be sure to Follow @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for future employment updates!
- Work closely with the Executive Chef to ensure that all items needed are in stock. Maintain daily pars and place inventory orders as needed.
- Regularly make table visits to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Practice and enforce proper food storage safety, allergy awareness, food storage safety, compliance with health department code, and all other safety and security policies and procedures.
- Oversee all work stations, often assisting in completing daily prep and working on each station.
- Enforce quality control of food at all times. Coordinate with the Executive Chef on proper food preparation, execution, and plate presentation.
- Assist Executive chef in the management of all culinary staff to include but not limited to; weekly scheduling, hiring, discipline/coach and counseling, performance evaluations and all training necessary to ensure smooth operation of the culinary department
- Actively train culinary employees.
- Assist Executive Chef in the control of labor management via strategic scheduling, overtime monitoring, and making daily staffing decisions.
- In addition to the regular execution of restaurant operations, also assist in the execution of special events, private parties, and banquets.
- Assist in the development of daily specials, special menus for promotions and holidays, quarterly menu changes, and other specialty menu items.
- Actively communicate with chef on all operational needs, guest complaints, recommendations, employee issues, etc.
- Regularly work as a culinary team member, such as working grill station or sauté station 4-5 shifts per week.
- Flexibility to work nights or mornings, weekends, holidays, and busy seasonal days (i.e. town festivals).
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including:
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of the Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program – ‘Delight and Surprise Dollars’
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
Experience and Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of recent Line Cook experience in a high volume, full service restaurant
- Previous staff management experience preferred
- Experience in Banquet/Event execution preferred
- Creative, innovative, and inspired to develop new and intriguing menu items designed for appropriate clientele
- Demonstrate a positive, upbeat and customer-focused attitude
- Experience in inventory control and cost management preferred
- May be subject to successful completion of background check and/or DMV check.
Apply online via the link provided below.