The Bay Club in Mattapoisett is looking for an Executive Chef.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The Bay Club seeks a highly motivated professional who will be responsible for directing and overseeing all food operations of the Club. This includes a strong emphasis on event coordination, labor control, food control, menu diversification and generating innovative ideas to enhance member experience. The Executive Chef will ultimately be responsible for all back of house staff and reporting to Management and Club Board. The Club offers Golf and Social memberships with all members actively using and supporting the food and beverage service. The Club was formed partially to address a critical need of providing fine dining to members along the south coast. That vision remains very much alive today. Additionally, the Club has adapted over time to offer an appropriate mix of cuisine to satisfy all members interest, most recently purchasing a brick pizza oven.
Established in 2004, The Bay Club is a residential golf community located on the south coast of Massachusetts that prides itself on its distinctive familial atmosphere, and vibrant and active membership. It is an ideal community for young families, mid-career, and retirees alike; the excellent school system makes it a great place to raise a family. It retains a small town feel yet is conveniently located near Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard and is an hour from Boston and 45 minutes from Providence. It is the only club within 30 miles that provides a full service country club experience. The location speaks for itself once it is experienced. The Club encompasses 625 acres (with 300 acres of adjacent conservation land) of which the country club and golf course occupy 200 acres. The Club features an Audubon Sanctuary with championship golf, an outstanding sports and fitness complex, and year round fine dining.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of 3 years as an Executive Chef of Sous Chef. An associates degree or higher from an accredited culinary school a plus. Related experience in the field with an emphasis on private club operations and food service preferred.
- Absolute passion for food
- This is a “hands on” position and will require long hours within a growing country club community
- Candidate must be willing to adapt to the seasonality and perform all the required tasks as outlined in this job description and as directed by the General Manager
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivator that thrives in a team environment focused on excellence
- Accounting/Budget development and P&L management • Event development and management • Food and beverage cost controls and operating procedures including waste management
- Menu development/design
- Management of Summer Shack, Halfway Café and on-course F&B operations
- Polished, professional appearance and presentation
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Responsible for all Bay Club food operations, outlets, and team members. This includes; Golf House (Main dining room), Halfway Café, Summer Shack at the pool, Club events (holidays, golf and other related events, etc.), on course food and beverage operations including special events, mobile F&B cart, and all catering and special events operations and execution. Plans (in conjunction with General Manager), implements and monitors departmental budgets. Hires, trains and supervises all team members to ensure exemplary cuisine, standards, and culture at all times. Engages and embraces the membership to build relationships and better understand and serve the needs of members. Work closely with senior management team to ensure continuity and communication regarding all club activities and events.
- Employee must be able to reason, perform mathematical functions, read, speak comfortably to staff and guests and write policies, procedures and menus.
- Working conditions are typically of a food and beverage establishment; as work will be in and around a hot kitchen that includes exposure to heat, possible chemicals, cold and a variety of food and beverage products.
- You will be working with POS software, a computer, credit card machine, phone, fax, file cabinet, printer, wine closest and multiple other food and beverage related equipment.
- You will need to lift heavy items sometime up to 40 lbs, potentially stand for extended periods of time, walk for extended periods of time and talk with for extended periods of time during services.
- Applicant will also need to have a valid driver license to drive company truck for catering and utility carts throughout property when required.
JOB VALUE/COMPENSATION: This position is a salaried full time, year-round position. Benefits include, health, 401(k) plan after first year, year-end bonus, cell phone reimbursement, paid vacation and professional development allowance. Salary is commensurate on experience plus bonus. Relocation allowance negotiable.
DEADLINE: Deadline for Applications: June 1, 2021 or until position filled Position start date planned for June 15, 2021, negotiable
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: Greg Yeomans, General Manager at the email address provided below.