The Automatic opened in late of 2016 under B-Side alumni Dave Cagle and Cambridge restaurateur Chris Schlesinger. They combined forces to create a neighborhood destination featuring bold food and a fun beverage program. In the short evolution of the restaurant The Automatic has been featured in both local and national publications, and have a handful of nominations and awards to back it up. The staff at The Automatic are dedicated and knowledgeable without the pretension. At The Automatic they host a series of culinary driven events, as well as daily specials to keep the creativity in the kitchen at its highest. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate, if you think you fit the bill – send a cover letter and resume! They offer competitive pay & bonus structures.
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
- Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards and the status of The Automatic
- Daily education about the menu items and specials at staff pre meals
- Adhere to set food and labor costs without sacrificing quality or reputation
- Supervise kitchen staff activities and commit to professional development for kitchen staff
- Recruit and manage kitchen staff
- Rectify arising problems or complaints professionally and in a timely fashion
- Perform administrative duties, including menu pricing, purchasing, inventory
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Comply with all nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Keep time and payroll records
- Maintain a positive and professional approach at all times with coworkers and customers
To apply, send resumes to the email address below!