Founded in Italy in 2007, Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace. At Eataly, you can enjoy a meal at restaurants or quick-service counters, purchase the ingredients, and learn through classes and tastings. Eat Better, Live Better! Eataly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The host is the first and last point of contact with the guest and is responsible for greeting, seating and saying goodbye to guests as well as maintaining the flow of the restaurant during service. A host diligently and efficiently manages seating in Eataly’s restaurants. Directly reports to the Restaurant Manager.
- Oversees the general functioning of the dining room during the meal service period, relaying information to managers and service personnel
- Maintains an accurate, fair and up-to-date waitlist and seating chart using a computerized system
- Takes and manages reservations in restaurants that allow reservations
- Balances the customer flow among the service stations, taking into account requests for a particular table or server, depending on availability
- Informs guests when their tables are ready, escorts them to their seats, provides menus and informs them of the name of their server
- Assists with the duties of servers and bus persons as needed to maintain service effectiveness and efficiency
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of experience as a server or host in a high-volume restaurant
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to 4 hours in length
- Ability to lift trays, soiled dish bins, etc., of up to 40 lbs.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off, 401K with company match, Commuter Benefits and Plum Benefits
- Free staff lunch daily and discounts at Eataly
- Fun staff classes on products and Italian cuisine