Taste Wine Bar and Common Vines Seeking Wine Consultants (Full and Part-time)
Taste Wine Bar & Kitchen is Boston’s newest destination wine bar located in the heart of downtown Boston. Taste and its sister retail store, Common Vines, are an award winning concept (named Boston’s Best Wine Shop 2018 by both Boston Magazine and The Improper). At Taste, they strive to offer their guests a friendly, beautiful place to gather with friends or coworkers to experience the best selection of wine and beer, delicious food and a side of easy educations. At Common Vines, their mission is deliver an exceptional personalized customer experience and to make wine more approachable through daily tastings and casual education. While their retail focus is wine and they offer a curated selection focused on small, artisanal producers, they also offer local craft beers, spirits and gourmet provisions.
They are seeking highly motivated, creative thinking and entrepreneurial candidates to join their team as Wine Consultants (retail and servers):
- Serve and consult customers on wine, spirits, beer, pairings, and other retail sold in the store, wine bar or on the web site
- Demonstrate wine knowledge proficiency in the flavor profiles of the wines, beer and food in inventory
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships, both with individual and corporate clients
- Deliver a friendly, personal customer experience every time for every customer
- Promote a collaborative, high energy and fun work environment
- Stay current on food and beverage industry trends
- Contribute innovative approaches to products and services sales and promotions
- Assist in inventory selection, tasting event planning and execution (wine seminars or private events)
- Follow all alcoholic beverage control requirements, including preventing sales or tastings to underage customers
- Clean, stock, maintain the space; this may include handling heavy loads up to 50lbs
- Optional – Lead wine tastings (flights served to guests and/or optional to help develop and lead their private and corporate on-premise tasting events).
The candidate should possess:
- A desire to join a strong, high energy and impactful team
- A desire to deliver exceptional customer experience
- Demonstrated passion and knowledge for wine (and other beverages) from around the world
- An entrepreneurial spirit who only sees opportunities with a Can-Do attitude and not barriers
- Strong interpersonal skills; exceptional customer service and sales skill
- Schedule and role flexibility
- Formal wine certification (completed or in process) is preferred but not required. Also preferred but not required beer, spirits and/or cheese certification
If interested, please send your resume to Jennifer Scott at the email address below!