Taste Buds Kitchen specializes in creative and unique cooking events for kids, families and adults. Their culinary adventures include an ever-growing variety of classes, parties, camps and special events that combine a well-balanced mix of engaging recipes, both savory and sweet, as they take to the kitchen to sprout taste buds and a good time. They support kids, families and food and strive to create a lifestyle around connecting, learning and growing in the culinary playgroup of the kitchen, and they’re looking for a Sales + Event Coordinator to join their team.
Who Are You?
Uber organized, punctual, quick & efficient multi-tasker, self-starter & independent, passionate about sales and event management, focused on the details and willing and able to communicate and collaborate with a team of super talented people.
Task at hand
- You will be responsible for sales goal attainment and communicating/coordinating all event details to the event staff to provide consistent and quality service to clients and staff.
- Directly responsible for the sale, booking and execution of all TBK events include birthday parties, workshops, school-holiday camps, semester classes, adult workshops/events.
- Answer the phones and respond to email inquiries to find the “right fit” for clients.
- Have a strong sales focus and be able to promote all Taste Buds Kitchen offerings.
- Be prepared to manage day-to-day communications between clients and the events team.
- Implement all event standards and systems.
- Ensure compliance with Taste Buds rules, regulations and procedures.
- Maintain the office in good working order, including event and marketing materials inventory.
- As a small business issues may arise that may not directly relate to what described above come up and you will be asked to assist in their resolution. In some cases you may be asked to fill in to teach or assist with cooking classes.
The Ideal Candidate
- At least one year of experience in sales and/or event management (culinary experience is a plus!)
- A sparkling personality that will mesh well with the existing Taste Buds Kitchen family – they love smart people with a dash of quirkiness and humor.
- Feels ownership over their job and is ready to keep the Kitchen running at top-notch at all time.
- A relentless organizer and will constantly be assessing and resolving both simple and complex organizational challenges.
- A smile on your face a majority of the time.
- The uncanny ability to see opportunities and solutions in the face of a challenge.
- Familiarity with Mac OS software
- Experience with social media marketing
To apply, email a few sentences on why you are an ideal fit for this role and this company. Include “Sales + Event Coordinator: Your Name” in the subject line of the email. Cover letters are appreciated. Applications not submitted in this format will not be considered.