Taste Buds Kitchen is currently seeking an experienced kitchen manager to run their kitchens in North Andover and Beverly, MA.
Who Are They?
Taste Buds Kitchen specializes in creative and unique cooking events for kids, families and adults. Their culinary events include an ever-growing variety of classes, parties, camps and special events. Their team of culinary professionals are excited each day to bring cooking adventures to their clients. They support kids, families and food and strive to create a lifestyle around connecting, learning and growing in the culinary playground of the kitchen.
Who Are You?
Uber organized, punctual, quick & efficient multi-tasker, self-starter & independent, passionate about kitchen management, focused on the details and willing and able to communicate and collaborate with a team of super talented people.
Task at Hand
This position is responsible for maintaining TBK so that it is always Stocked, Organized, Clean and Working. Their kitchen must kept “Event Ready” at all times. You will be directly responsible for:
- The organization of the whole kitchen including tools, supplies and food
- Maintaining an incredibly clean and hygienic environment
- Ensuring the established visual brand objective is always met
- Maintaining ingredients and supplies at established levels using inventory metrics
- Manage bulk ordering and shopping to ensure the best price and reduced waste, including unit costs of supplies
- Receive all orders and deliveries; unpack and re-stock
- Class ingredient and event preparation – including packing for off-site and on-line events
- Pre-making food items for classes and events
The Ideal Candidate
- 2 years of experience working in a kitchen environment
- A sparkling personality that will mesh well with the existing Taste Buds Kitchen family – they love smart people with a dash of quirkiness and humor.
- Feels ownership over their job and is ready to keep their Kitchen running at top-notch at all time.
- A relentless organizer and will constantly be assessing and resolving both simple and complex organizational challenges.
- Passionate about spending management and the ability to keep their kitchen costs low and routine. Must be ready for the numbers.
- Incredibly detail-orientated with an insatiable curiosity and knowledge about all things food.
- A smile on your face a majority of the time.
- The uncanny ability to see opportunities and solutions in the face of a challenge.
- Experience with restaurants, inventory systems and food ordering a plus.
Salary is $45K with 401K, Medical/Dental Insurance benefits and two weeks paid vacation. Daytime hours and very limited weekend commitments are required. Rarely is a night shift required. This position will follow a Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM schedule 90% of the time. Did they mention all the cupcakes you can eat???
Salary commensurate with experience. Send your resume and cover letter to the email address below.