Get involved in an exciting and growing company and industry, Culinary Entertainment! Taste Buds Kitchen specializes in creative and unique cooking events for kids, families and adults. Their culinary adventures include an ever-growing variety of classes, parties, camps and private events that combine a well-balanced mix of engaging recipes, both savory and sweet, as they take to the kitchen to sprout taste buds and a good time.
Who are you?
They are looking for an energetic, up-beat, go-get ’em Event Host for their culinary events. This person will have a strong teaching background and be comfortable engaging and instructing anyone ages 2 – 99! Strong familiarity with the kitchen and cooking and baking skills required. This person will host, lead and teach their culinary entertainment events for their adult cooking workshops, kids camps, birthday parties, field trips and more.
- Creating an excellent and consistent client experience is their focus at TBK. You must be able to interact with with all clients (Parents, Children and Adult Guests) to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Teach clients about food and various culinary skills, tips and tricks related to class recipes and ingredients.
- Manage and supervise Event Assistants.
- Engage and teach clients about cooking skills and more as related to event recipes and ingredients.
- Create a controlled safe, clean, friendly environment for all students
- Prepare for all Classes & Events (Set-up, Ingredients, Review Teaching Materials)
The Ideal Candidate
- Must be friendly and outgoing — amplified speaking voice.
- Strong customer service skills — ability to communicate with well with both adults and kids of all ages.
- Loves creating positive learning opportunities for groups of children and adults, and possess the energy to keep them excited and engaged in age-appropriate activities for periods of 1-3 hours.
- Ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks without direct supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and management.
- Strong teaching background. Early education experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have strong time-management skills and able to prioritize tasks.
- Must have excellent references.
- Incredibly detail-orientated with an insatiable curiosity and knowledge about all things food.
- A smile on your face a majority of the time.
- Passion and high level of comfort with cooking and baking.
- Formal culinary education or equivalent experience a plus.
Events run 7 days/week. They are looking for a Host to work 4-5 days/week for periods of 4-8 hours on average. Nights and weekends required.
$20/hr+, tips included
Minimum 2-3 years experience entertaining people young and old. Formal teaching experience and training in education, childhood development or related field a plus. Comfortable with a range of cooking techniques. Formal culinary education or equivalent experience a plus.
Performance and theatre experience a plus.
How to Apply
To apply, email your resume and a paragraph on why you are the ideal fit for this role and this company as well as your salary requirements to the email address below. Include “Event Host: Your Name” in the subject line of the email and your current availability. No cover letters. Applications not submitted in this format will not be considered.
Taste Buds Kitchen is always looking for qualified crew members, if this position does not sound right for you but you would like to join their team please visit the link below to fill out an application.