Tamo Restaurant is looking to add a Line Cook. The Line Cook position is an important part of the daily production of the culinary team.
The position contributes to the guest’s experience within their property, showcasing creative abilities as part of any in-house dining experience. The position will assist supervisors and chefs by preparing food items according to pre-determined standards and recipes for the dining room. The position is in contact with all other members of the A la Carte Kitchen Staff, and the members of the Banquet Culinary team and the Stewarding team. The position reports directly to the A la Carte Chef, the Sous Chef, and takes direction from the Kitchen Supervisor.
Weekly schedules will vary and include working weekends, evenings, early mornings and holidays as needed.
• Work with cooks and chefs on the execution of daily menu production
• Prepares food by following written recipes and verbal instructions from the chef
• Prepare dishes according to approved and tested methods of preparation and quality of product by viewing color, taste, texture, portion size and appearance
• Works to maintain a clean and safe environment by implementing all sanitation codes and appropriate food handing procedures
• Set-up and clean-up for appropriate meal period
• Contribute to the overall team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and displaying respect and courtesy to all employees
• Responsible for practicing, managing and promoting their Mission and Values so that it becomes an intricate part of the every day operation
• Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor
Required Job Knowledge and Skills
• Strong knowledge of all basic cooking methods
• Strong knowledge of proper use of cutlery and kitchen equipment
• Some knowledge of meat and fish fabrication required
• See checklist below
• High School diploma or equivalent experience required
• Minimum of 2 years in food production (hotel industry) or culinary experience
• Culinary degrees preferred
• Minimum of 1 year of cooking experience