Chef Barbara Lynch’s 10-seat demonstration kitchen and cookbook library, Stir, is seeking a Sous Chef to join its small and mighty team. The Sous Chefs prepare for and execute the menus for Stir’s weekly programming of classes and events.
This is a very special opportunity to work in a concept with a broad exposure to a variety of cuisines. On one night, you may be cooking classics from Chef Barbara’s cookbook and on another you may be hosting a dinner focusing on the food and wine of Burgundy. Ideal candidates will have knowledge and passion for a broad spectrum of cuisine.
- In conjunction with fellow Stir team members, create class content ideas
- In conjunction with fellow sous chef, write and prep menus for all programming (classes, events, offsites, etc) including recipes
- Execute menus for classes, events, off sites, etc
- Create and execute cooking demonstrations for guests during dinners.
- Interact with guests while cooking, answering questions and providing information on the class topic
- Cost out menus for all classes and events, making sure they fall within targeted margins
- Uphold Safe Food Handling Practices
- Evaluate success and profitability of existing classes/events to inform future class release/event structures.
- Contribute ideas for future class releases based on market research
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 1 or more years kitchen management experience
- 1 or more years experience with classic Italian and French cuisine
For consideration please submit your resume and cover letter to Executive Chef Michele Carter.