Steel & Rye is hiring a Sous Chef to join their management team! Located in the Lower Mills neighborhood of Milton, Steel & Rye has been creating and serving excellent food in a beautiful space since 2012.
They are proud of their facility, their culture, their team and their products. They take great pride in being a great place to work.
Their cuisine at Steel & Rye is all about Americana. It is based on local products prepared in traditional methods, sourced from people who inspire them. Examples of this in their kitchen are their extensive pasta program, their house sourdough, and their collaborative relationships with organic grain mills, local farmers and small fisheries.
Their menu changes frequently based on the bounty of New England and provides great opportunity for menu development and collaboration with their Chefs and kitchen team at large.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
They are seeking someone who is a positive thinker, has a drive for excellence and the willingness to work hard every day for yourself and your teammates. The position requires great passion for technique and a desire to continue learning. Responsibilities of this role include:
- Contributing to a positive culture through leadership and coaching
- Managing daily kitchen operations including food preparation and execution with and through their kitchen team
- Maintain organization, sanitation, proper food handling and storage amongst the team
- Food ordering
- Meat & Fish butchering, breakdown and portioning
The other details:
- They pay competitively (and the highest wages they are able).
- In addition to base salary they offer health benefits, paid vacation, a uniform/clothing stipend and an education stipend.
- They are accessible by the T at the Central Ave stop of the red-line trolley extension and there is also ample free parking available to employees.
- Annual Salary $50,000
Steel & Rye is an award winning restaurant located in the Lower Mills neighborhood of Milton on Boston’s southern border. They are independently owned, and operated by Dan Kerrigan and Chef Brendan Joy. They have a sister restaurant, Prairie Fire, in the Coolidge Corner neighborhood of Brookline. The restaurant serves a dynamic and diverse guest demographic from Milton, Boston and beyond. They offer a fun, challenging, and respectful workplace.
To apply, submit your resume and a brief note to the email at the address below!