Steel & Rye is an award winning restaurant located in Lower Mills, Milton on the border of Boston’s Dorchester neighborhood. They serve as a hub for many Milton residents, while attracting a dynamic and diverse guest demographic from Boston and beyond. Their employees enjoy a fun, challenging and respectful workplace.
They believe in a culture of education, teamwork and fun. They are looking for a hard working, self-motivated, hospitality-focused individual to join their team as a Restaurant Manager. This individual will work with their Management Team to lead dinner services, assist in their Private Events Program and contribute to the ongoing growth and development of their operation.Steel & Rye operates as a team, practicing “Open-Book Management”. This means all Management Team members are taught the key financials of the business, attend and contribute to their weekly financial review of the operation and have a specific area in which they are responsible for managing the revenues and associated costs.
General responsibilities of this role include:
● Working as a Floor Manager for dinner and brunch services
● Working directly with their Events Coordinator to assist with event inquiries, sales and
● Opening & closing the restaurant
● Leading staff pre-shift meetings
● Assisting in new employee training
● Managing reservations and floor plan preparation
● At least two years of front of house experience in a high quality food & beverage
● Strong food & beverage knowledge as well as a desire to continue learning
● An absolute passion for hospitality!
Schedule & Compensation:
● 5 days per week, including evenings and weekends
● 50% coverage of their employee-sponsored health insurance plan
● Paid vacation
● Clothing and education allowance
● Starting annual salary of $47,500 in addition to the above benefits. Salary negotiable
based on experience.
Please direct inquiries and resumes to