Steel & Rye Restaurant in Lower Mills, Milton is currently seeking an experienced pastry chef. 3 years experience running a pastry department is required. This dynamic position requires a candidate with a strong background in the classics, bread production, pastries and cake decorating. A team leader with a positive attitude and the desire to achieve a common goal is required. This position is a full time hourly position with a 40 hour work week. Negotiable rate ($20-$23/hour) based on experience.
The right candidate should possess the following abilities:
- work collectively with and be part of the management team
- work cohesively with the savory department
- create desserts for private events, as well as dining room menu
- create seasonal desserts that align with their restaurant style and concept
- Managing all aspects of the pastry department including but not limited to dinner service 7 days per week and Sunday brunch.
- Creating and managing a dessert menu that includes nightly additions and seasonal changes.
- Producing pastries and cakes for private event menus
- Managing an all-inclusive bread program with aspirations to evolve and grow
Anticipated Work Schedule:
- 4 to 5 days per week depending on work volume
- Morning to midday work hours
- On average 40 hours per week
Steel & Rye is an award winning restaurant located in the Lower Mills neighborhood of Milton on Boston’s southern border. They are independently owned, and operated by Dan Kerrigan and Chef Brendan Joy. The restaurant serves a dynamic and diverse guest demographic from Milton, Boston and beyond. They offer a fun, challenging, and respectful workplace with health insurance benefits for all full time employees.
Please send resumes to the email address below!