Steel & Rye Restaurant in Lower Mills, Milton is currently seeking an experienced pastry chef. 3-5 years experience running a high volume pastry department is required. This dynamic position requires a candidate with a strong background in the classics, bread production, pastries and cake decorating. A team leader with a positive attitude and the desire to achieve a common goal is required.
The right candidate should possess the following abilities:
- work cohesively with and be part of the management team.
- work cohesively with the savory department.
- manage and expedite the pastry menu through a busy dinner service.
- create custom cakes for their dining room and private events department.
- create petit fours for private events.
- create seasonal desserts that align with their restaurant style and concept.
- Managing a pastry team of three.
- Managing all aspects of the pastry department including but not limited to dinner service 7 nights per week and Sunday brunch.
- Managing pastries and cakes for private event menus.
- Managing a dessert menu that includes nightly additions and seasonal changes.
- Managing an all inclusive bread program with aspirations to evolve and grow.
- Writing of weekly schedule
- Cost Controls
Send resumes to the email address listed.