Steel & Rye is located in the Lower Mills section of Milton, MA on the border of Boston’s Dorchester neighborhood. The restaurant is housed in an industrial garage space with soaring 30’ ceilings and exposed beams. The space is wrapped with windows and flooded with natural light.
At approximately 7,000 square feet they have multiple outlets for hosting private and semi-private events both in and outside of the restaurant.
Their unique Private Dining Room offers large windows, a private bar, televisions and mechanical moving walls. The space expands to accommodate up to 50 guests for a seated meal or 75 for a cocktail party and contracts to create an intimate space for parties of 10-30.
Their main dining room also offers an abundance of options for event dining. An open kitchen with seating for up to 4 guests, a second kitchen area adjacent to the bar features a wood-fired oven and open work space that is great for classes and cocktail gatherings. Their patio, accessed through their main dining room accommodates seating for 30 or a standing event for up to 50.
The Events Coordinator position:
- The Events Coordinator is a member of their restaurant management team. The day to day work focuses specifically on selling and coordinating their events, but being a part of their restaurant management team at large is essential to creating great alignment between their private events and their nightly a la carte dining.
- Specific goals for 2019 include expanding their event dining to thoroughly utilize all areas of the restaurant to host great events! Growing their network of event clientele by increasing their online presence and by directly reaching out to neighboring businesses, hotels and other professional institutions such as local hospitals, colleges and private schools. Lastly, create a visual portfolio and written description of each of their event spaces to promote the use of these areas.
- Prompt & personalized response to all Event Inquiries
- Host clients on-site for visits and/or meetings as appropriate and convenient for the client
- Work directly with a dedicated Kitchen Manager as a point-person for all menu questions & needs
- Attendance at our weekly Manager Meeting. Lead a discussion on the details and needs of upcoming events
- Oversee the arrival of each event host and be present for the kick-off of each private event.
- Enable the service team to best assist in meeting every need for our client hosts and their guests. This involves thorough Banquet Event Orders (BEOs), and includes specific assignments for staff. It also involves detailed meetings prior to events for staff briefing.
- Oversee Private Dining Room facilities, namely management of linen, service ware & equipment, and decor.
- The Events Coordinator is a full-time salaried position with additional sales commission. The position offers benefits of health insurance, two weeks paid vacation, and reimbursements for professional clothing, education and cell phone.
Please forward resumes and questions to Dan Kerrigan at the email address below.