State Park is hiring a Sous Chef!
State Park is a restaurant disguised as a bar, the food is prepared with passion, creativity and commitment to quality. Their menu is influenced by fine dining, modern gastronomy, dive bars, classic techniques and nostalgic family dining. The drinks selection at State Park offers something for all, whether for cocktail enthusiasts, beer drinking shuffleboard players, or diners for a magnum of wine. State Park opened in December 2013 and is currently closed due to the
They are looking for a passionate and experienced sous chef, looking to learn and grow. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, well organized and has a commitment to excellence. The Sous Chef assists with supervising and managing all aspects of the kitchen and production of all items, while keeping with our standards of food quality and restaurant cleanliness. Qualified candidates will have some experience with culinary management in a kitchen-driven or
fine-dining environment. They will have a solid understanding of restaurant operations and service, cost control, and an ability to manage and inspire a team.
Benefits available to you include:
- Vacation: 10 days of paid vacation in the first year. After each year, employees are eligible to accrue an additional 3 days a year, per year of service, based on yearly employee performance review. Employee reviews will be held within 30 days of employee hire date each year. Vacation day accruals will cap at 20 days per year.
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Simple IRA: A Matched simple IRA retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with us for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate.
- Matched Simple IRA: A retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with us for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate.
- Health Insurance: Big Dipper Hospitality Group offers a Harvard Pilgrim HMO health insurance policy to all full-time (30+ hr/wk) employees, paying half of monthly premium. After 60 days of employment, you become eligible to enroll in health insurance, which will take effect on or before your 90th day of employment.
- Perks at Work: An exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email
- Discounts: Throughout the BDHG family of restaurants
- Parking: Discounted rates at the One Kendall Square Garage
- Discounted Gym Membership: Conveniently located on the One Kendall Square campus
- Performance Evaluations: The schedule for these conversations relate to the start date of the employee and fits with our yearly activities. All employees will have performance evaluations to provide a stepping-stone for the employee and supervisor to:
○ Touch base about what’s going well and what needs improvement
○ Clarify expectations and set goals
○ Encourage career development
- Growth Opportunity: Available for motivated employees who take initiative and exhibit leadership qualities, as well as a willingness to grow and learn. As a growing company, they provide opportunities to those who want to seek a new challenge in a different role or location.
View the complete job description and submit an application online via the link provided below.