Founded in 2008, in Cambridge, Mass., the Big Dipper Hospitality Group has created some of the area’s most beloved dining spots, such as State Park, Mamaleh’s and Café Du Pays. They are a family-run, independent, award-winning restaurant group, passionate about hospitality and integrity. They are committed to creating healthy work experiences and opportunities for advancement in the field. The ownership and management team work hard alongside their staff daily and have enacted a food revenue-sharing program among their kitchen team.
Benefits available to you include:
- Paid vacation! Up to 10 days in your first year with annual increases
- Health insurance – After 60 days of employment, you become eligible to enroll in health insurance, which will take effect on your 90th day of employment, 50% paid by company
- A matched simple IRA retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave! Any employee that has been with the team for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate
- Company paid short term and long term disability insurance
- A 50% discount at all the restaurants the moment you start!
- Discounted parking (and coming soon, transit passes)
- Discount towards gym membership
- Perks at Work is an exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email
- Community volunteer opportunities and charitable donations
The SHIFT SUPERVISOR will work closely with the General Manager and all members of the restaurant’s management team to ensure the restaurant is operating according to the standards set by the General Manager, the ownership team, and Big Dipper corporate office. They will be responsible for
overseeing service, training FOH staff and will share in administrative responsibilities. State Park managers are integral and active members of service. State Park managers are expected to be hands on from the beginning to end of the guest experience – with guests, the service team, and with Back of
House team. They actively embody, inspire and teach skills that will elevate the values of State Park and Big Dipper Hospitality Group.
Skills and Requirements:
- 2+ years of restaurant experience in a high volume, detail-oriented and excellence driven environment
- Must love interacting with guests
- Excellent work ethic and dedication to the hospitality industry
- Must be driven to lead a high performing team
- Ability to work full-time (including early mornings, late nights and weekends)
Also, it is preferred you have experience with:
- Conflict Resolution
- Customer Service
- Event Management / Organization
- Food / Beverage Pairing
- Food Safety Knowledge
- Reserve Table Management
- POS Systems, specifically Toast
- Staff Management of 30
- Staff Education / Motivation
Check them out on instagram @stateparkbar
EEO Statement: Big Dipper (State Park, Mamaleh’s, Café du Pays) is an equal opportunity employer and shall treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regards to race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, political activity, lawful tobacco use while off-duty, or any other characteristic protected by law.