State Park is hiring Servers!
State Park is a restaurant disguised as a bar, the food is prepared with passion, creativity and commitment to quality. Their menu is influenced by fine dining, modern gastronomy, dive bars, classic techniques and nostalgic family dining. The drinks selection at State Park offers something for all, whether for cocktail enthusiasts, beer drinking shuffleboard players, or diners for a magnum of wine.
They are looking for passionate and experienced Servers looking to learn and grow. As the first (and last) point of contact, State Park Servers are friendly and warm, yet professional. They will be excited to provide knowledgeable, approachable, efficient, energetic, and thoughtful service as a member of a team while upholding State Park standards of quality, hospitality, and restaurant cleanliness. Qualified candidates will have some experience in a kitchen-driven or fine-dining environment and are self-motivated, well organized, engaging, and have a commitment to excellence.
As a member of the FOH team, your main duties will be to:
- Create memorable experiences for guests while ensuring that service is prompt and professional
- Support the entire team
- Handle complaints in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure that licensing laws, health and safety legislation is adhered to
Benefits available to you include:
- Matched Simple IRA: A retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with them for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate.
- Health Insurance: Big Dipper Hospitality Group offers a Harvard Pilgrim HMO health insurance policy to all full-time (30+ hr/wk) employees, paying half of monthly premium. After 60 days of employment, you become eligible to enroll in health insurance, which will take effect on or before your 90th day of employment.
- Perks at Work: An exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email
- Discounts: Throughout the BDHG family of restaurants
- Parking: Discounted rates at the One Kendall Square Garage
- Discounted Gym Membership: Conveniently located on the One Kendall Square campus
- Performance Evaluations: All employees will have performance evaluations to provide a stepping-stone for the employee and supervisor to: touch base about what’s going well and what needs improvement; clarify expectations and set goals; encourage career development. The schedule for these conversations relate to the start date of the employee and fits with their yearly activities.
- Growth Opportunity: Available for motivated employees who take initiative and exhibit leadership qualities, as well as a willingness to grow and learn. As a growing company, they provide opportunities to those who want to seek a new challenge in a different role or location.
About Big Dipper Hospitality Group
Their staff is their family, and they are committed to providing the best possible work environment and exemplary work practices for their employees. Daily, they work to nurture an inclusive workplace where all staff feel included, respected, and valued. They employ a leadership team of which more than 50 percent are women and people of color. They offer competitive wages as well as a meaningful benefits package, and they continue to make strides towards evolving their business practices to address some of the intrinsic injustices in the tipped model of the hospitality industry.
BDHG Is Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is their policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees. They do not discriminate against applicants or employees in regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.