STATE PARK is looking to take on experienced servers for their lively neighborhood concept. They are sometimes a restaurant and sometimes a bar. They host office parties on some nights and live bands on others. They serve lunch to a great regular crowd during the week and a hopping brunch on the weekends. They’ve got a few dining rooms all with their own vibe, and a patio that is loved by all, even dogs! They have an extensive bar program and offer delicious American fare in a casual environment, always with high standards for food, drink, and service. They have a pool table, neon signs, pitchers of beer, taxidermy, craft spirits, live music, and magnums of wine.
Candidates should be able to work at a fast pace while remaining clean, organized, kind, and professional throughout the day and service. Ideal candidates are eager to learn about new products, and posses much common sense and a good sense of humor.
- A matched simple IRA retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with them for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate
- A 50% discount at all their restaurants the moment you start!
- Discount parking (and coming soon, transit passes)
- Discounts toward gym membership
- Perks at Work is an exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email.
- Community volunteer opportunities and Charitable donations
- A sustainably minded, positive work environment
- A company to learn from and grow within
- Role models within the company
- Experience working within a multi-location restaurant group
- Tip pooling and bi-weekly pay; No cash tipouts
Available for motivated employees who take initiative and exhibit leadership qualities, as well as a willingness to grow and learn. As this is a growing company, there are many varied opportunities for promotion.
As the first (and last) point of contact, State Park Servers are friendly and warm, yet professional and exacting. The candidate is a well-presented, engaging individuals who will be excited to provide knowledgeable, approachable, efficient, energetic, and thoughtful service while upholding State Park standards and values.
- Greet all guests entering the restaurant and thank all guests leaving the restaurant
- Communicate respectfully and clearly with service team, management, and guests at all levels.
- Engage management for any guest issue or complaint
- Maintain cleanliness and organization around the server stations
- Provide knowledgeable, friendly and attentive, efficient, friendly, energetic, and thoughtful service at all times.
- Support service team with ongoing table and floor maintenance, including, but not limited to: water service, polishing, clearing and cleaning tables and resetting tables with proper tableware.
- Receive instruction from multiple sources and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Stocking, organizing and preparing service related items.
- Be knowledgeable of the restaurant and its history.
- Adhere to grooming and dress code standards.
Skills and requirements:
- A willingness to learn and get your hands dirty
- Strong communication skills to build trusting relationships with peers and guests
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure; Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- A strong work ethic and a desire to learn and grow; Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
- Warm, compassionate, and team-focused approach
- A basic understanding of cooking, wine, beer, spirits, and cocktails
- Previous on-the-job experience in a Front of House or Back of House role; Able to work in a standing/walking position for long periods of time
- Restaurant experience in a high volume environment
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Commitment: Six month commitment
Education: High school or comparable
The duties of this position may change from time to time. State Park reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of State Park or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Big Dipper (State Park, Mamaleh’s, Café du Pays) is an equal opportunity employer and shall treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regards to race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, political activity, lawful tobacco use while off-duty, or any other characteristic protected by law.