Servers get a lot of face-time with customers. At State Park Servers are friendly and warm, yet professional and exacting. The ideal candidate is a well-presented, engaging individual who will be excited to provide knowledgeable, efficient, energetic, and thoughtful service while upholding State Park standards and values.
About State Park:
State Park is the lively neighborhood spot every city needs. Located in Kendall Square in Cambridge, we are sometimes a restaurant and sometimes a bar. We host office parties on some nights and live bands on others. In a space decorated with neon signs, taxidermy and unique art, we serve lunch and dinner to a great regular crowd during the week and a hopping brunch on the weekends. We’ve got a few dining rooms all with their own vibe, a pool table, and a patio that is loved by all, even dogs! Our extensive bar program includes cocktails made with craft spirits, pitchers of beer and magnums of wine. Offering delicious American fare – even in a casual environment – we always have high standards for food, drink, service, and amusements.
-Skills and requirements:
- A willingness and eagerness to learn
- A desire to be challenged and grow
- Strong communication skills to build trusting relationships with peers and guests
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure.
- Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- A strong work ethic and
- Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
- Warm, compassionate, approachable and team-focused
- A basic understanding of cooking, wine, beer, spirits, and cocktails
- Previous on-the-job experience in a Front of House or Back of House role
- Restaurant experience in a high volume environment
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
-Commitment: Six month commitment
-Education: High school or comparable
- A matched simple IRA retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with us for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate
- A 50% discount at all our restaurants the moment you start!
- Discount parking (and coming soon, transit passes)
- Discounts toward gym membership
- Perks at Work is an exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email.
- Community volunteer opportunities and Charitable donations
- A sustainability-minded, positive work environment
- A company to learn from and grow within
- Role models within the company
- Experience working within a multi-location restaurant group
- Tip pooling and bi-weekly pay; No cash tipouts
Available for motivated employees who take initiative and exhibit leadership qualities, as well as a willingness to grow and learn. As this is a growing company, there are many varied opportunities for promotion.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. State Park reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of State Park or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Founded in 2008, in Cambridge, Mass., the Big Dipper Hospitality Group has created some of the area’s most beloved dining spots, such as State Park, Mamaleh’s, and Café Du Pays. We are a family-run, independent, award-winning restaurant group, passionate about hospitality and integrity. We are committed to creating healthy work experiences and opportunities for advancement in the field. The ownership and management team work hard alongside our staff daily and have enacted a food revenue sharing program among our kitchen team.