The Host position is a great stepping stone for careers in many industries! Experience in a public facing role that is fast paced and requires great attention to detail is valuable on any resumé.
State Park is the lively neighborhood spot every city needs. Located in Kendall Square in Cambridge, they are sometimes a restaurant and sometimes a bar. They host office parties on some nights and live bands on others. In a space decorated with neon signs, taxidermy and unique art, they serve lunch and dinner to a great regular crowd during the week and a hopping brunch on the weekends. We’ve got a few dining rooms all with their own vibe, a pool table, and a patio that is loved by all, even dogs! Their extensive bar program includes cocktails made with craft spirits, pitchers of beer and magnums of wine. Offering delicious American fare – even in a casual environment – they always have high standards for food, drink, service, and amusements.
Monday – Friday 10:30am-1:30pm
Ideally, You Possess:
- A willingness to learn and get your hands dirty
- Strong communication skills to build trusting relationships with peers and guests
- A sense of urgency and strong work ethic to coordinate table management with the cycles of service for guests.
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure; Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- A strong work ethic and a desire to learn and grow; Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
- Warm, compassionate, and team-focused approach
- A basic understanding of cooking, wine, beer, spirits, and cocktails
- A six month commitment
- Previous on-the-job experience in a Front of House or Back of House role; Able to work in a standing/walking position for long periods of time
- Previous experience with online reservation systems such as Open Table or Reserve
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, occasionally lifting up to 25 pounds, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Benefits available to you include:
- A Matched simple IRA retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with us for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate.
- State Park offers a co-pay health insurance policy to all full-time employees, After 60 days of employment, you become eligible to enroll in health insurance, which will take effect on your 90th day of employment.
- A 50% discount at all their restaurants the moment you start!
- Discount parking (and coming soon, transit passes)
- Discounts toward gym memberships
- Perks at Work is an exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email.
- Community volunteer opportunities available