State Park is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced line cook to work dinner service. They need a good communicator, someone who works well with others and has a sense of urgency. They prefer to work with people who are restaurant focused and dream of having one of their own one day. Qualified candidates should have a broad culinary interest, and a vivid imagination to match the group’s offbeat culinary style.
You will be responsible for working a station as a member of a team. You will do prep, set up and break down a station, work service, and help clean kitchen at the end of service. The restaurant is open seven days for brunch, lunch, and dinner.
Benefits available to you include:
- A Matched simple IRA retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with us for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate
- State Park offers a co-pay health insurance policy to all full-time employees, After 60 days of employment, you become eligible to enroll in health insurance, which will take effect on your 90th day of employment
- A 50% discount at all our restaurants the moment you start!
- Discount parking (and coming soon, transit passes)
- Discounts toward gym memberships
- Perks at Work is an exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email
- Community volunteer opportunities available
- They offer competitive pay, opportunity for growth, and promotion from within
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to demonstrate classic cooking techniques
- At least one year of professional kitchen experience
- Sense of urgency and comfort in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of food safety standards
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
Ideally, You Also Have:
- 1 year full-service restaurant experience as a Line Cook or relevant position
- Culinary Degree/Certification(s)
- Advanced knife skills and ingredient knowledge
Commitment: 1 year
Approximate Shift Times: 40 hours of availability required. This position is a evening position, 3pm -11pm. Some late night availability is required.
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 10 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Founded in 2008, in Cambridge, Mass., the Big Dipper Hospitality Group has created some of the area’s most beloved dining spots, such as State Park, Mamaleh’s, and Café Du Pays. We are a family-run, independent, award-winning restaurant group, passionate about hospitality and integrity. We are committed to creating healthy work experiences and opportunities for advancement in the field. The ownership and management team work hard alongside our staff daily and have enacted a food revenue sharing program amongst our kitchen team.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. State Park reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of State Park or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
EEO Statement: Big Dipper (State Park, Mamaleh’s, Café du Pays) is an equal opportunity employer and shall treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regards to race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, political activity, lawful tobacco use while off-duty, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Check us out on instagram @stateparkbar