Cafe du Pays is looking for a Line cook
The ideal candidate will have 3-4 years restaurant experience on the line. They need a good communicator, someone who works well with others and has a sense of urgency. They offer competitive pay, opportunity for growth, and promotion from within. They prefer to work with people who are restaurant focused and dream of having one of their own one day. Qualified candidates should have a broad culinary interest, and a vivid imagination to match their offbeat culinary style.
Skills and Requirements:
- A high level of product and ingredient knowledge specific to State Park (Line Cook Level)
- Stay up to date on menu changes
- Participating in the preparation and development of new menu items.
- Working with seasonal ingredients.
- Confidence in effectively communicating any inconsistencies to Sous Chefs and teammates
- Strong communication skills to convey needs and complete the transaction in a professional manner
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve.
- Working collaboratively with BOH staff and FOH staff.
- The ability to assist the Sous Chef in the training of new kitchen employees.
- Honing your existing skills while learning new techniques and building your skill set.
- General knife handling, food safety & sanitation knowledge.
- Ability to maintain and ensure proper plate presentation and cleanliness before leaving the kitchen
- Sense of urgency and comfort in a fast-paced environment; Ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
- Ability to maintain mental athleticism and coordination of tickets and sending out plates
- Maintaining cleanliness of any BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas.
- Participate in deep cleaning of BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas.
Approximate Shift Times: They are open for brunch, lunch, dinner, and late night, but they are specifically hiring for weekday / weekend nights.
Physical Demands: The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 10 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.