Join the family!
State Park is sometimes a restaurant and sometimes a bar. They host office parties on some nights and live bands on others. They serve lunch to a great regular crowd during the week and a hopping brunch on the weekends. They’ve got a few dining rooms all with their own vibe, and a patio that is loved by all, even dogs! They have an extensive bar program and offer delicious American fare in a casual environment, always with high standards for food, drink, and service. They have a pool table, neon signs, pitchers of beer, taxidermy, craft spirits, live music, and magnums of wine.
They are a family run, independent, award winning restaurant group who are sustainably minded and have proudly operated restaurants in Cambridge since 2008. The ownership and management team work hard alongside their staff daily and have enacted a food revenue sharing program amongst their BOH team. Seeking like minded individuals!
They are now hiring for an experienced and dedicated FOH manager to help build their team. Evening and weekend availability required. The ideal candidate possesses the following character traits and managerial skills:
- Excellent guest interaction skills
- Positive attitude
- The ability to teach and lead all front of house staff
- Experience in a restaurant culture where food and hospitality is highly regarded
- Superb multi-tasking
- An extreme sense of urgency
- Maitre d’ experience (with Reserve knowledge preferred)
- The ability to work in a high volume environment
Job Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Opening and closing restaurant
- Following and enforcing policies and procedures
- Helping to improve policies and procedures
- Cash handling
- Staff Management and Training
- Computer skills: GoogleDrive, Adobe Creative Suite, Toast POS, Internet (they will train as needed)
- Customer Relations
- Food and Beverage product knowledge
- Paid Vacation
- 40 Hours Paid Sick Time (As per Massachusetts Regulations)
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Participation in State Park’s Simple IRA retirement plan, including company match after one year
- Health Insurance: Company sponsors ½ of the monthly premium.
- Discounts at all their restaurants
EEO Statement: Big Dipper (State Park, Mamaleh’s, Café du Pays) is an equal opportunity employer and shall treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regards to race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, political activity, lawful tobacco use while off-duty, or any other characteristic protected by law.