State Park is seeking an Event, Catering & Day Manager!
The person occupying this position is responsible for coordinating both private and non-private events for State Park (as detailed below), on-site pre-orders, and off site events. Additionally, this person will be tasked with working with ownership to start a catering program at the restaurant. The job requires organization, autonomy, leadership and flexibility.
They expect this to be a growing position. The right candidate will take initiative and exhibit leadership qualities, as well as a willingness to grow, learn, and seek more opportunity within the position to increase sales and avenues for expansion.
- Base schedule Monday – Friday, with expectation that some weekend hours will be expected based on events.
- Facetime with event host on specified events
- Supervision and on-site for majority of time for all buyouts.
- Events Coordinator Job Expectations
- Booking Private Events
- Facilitating Private Events
- Department Maintenance
- Coordinating In-House Pre-Ordered Whole Cakes / Specialty Items
- Coordinating Non Private Events On And Off-Site At State Park
- Ongoing Projects
- Administrative / General
- Day Management Position
- Opening and closing managerial responsibilities
Floor management responsibilities:
- Training and development of FOH hourly team
- Oversee daily reservations and providing support throughout the shift
- Lead by example in all areas
- Payroll and miscellaneous concrete administrative tasks may be assigned as they figure out the balance with the demands of the event position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 5 to 10 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The following qualifications are preferred:
- One year commitment
- College level
- Tips or 21+ Training
- Crowd Manager
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Big Dipper Hospitality Group reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of BDHG or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Vacation: 10 days of paid vacation in the first year. After each year, employees are eligible to accrue an additional 3 days a year, per year of service, based on yearly employee performance review. Employee reviews will be held within 30 days of employee hire date each year. Vacation day accruals will cap at 20 days per year. (Updated Vacation Policy released 7/1/2018)
Simple IRA: A Matched simple IRA retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with them for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate.
Health Insurance: Big Dipper Hospitality Group offers a co-pay health insurance policy to all full-time employees.
After 60 days of employment, you become eligible to enroll in health insurance, which will take effect on or before your 90th day of employment.
Harvard Pilgrim HMO
24/7 Gym Membership: Discounted to $20/month (They pay $10/month)
Perks at Work: An exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email.
Discounts on dining across all restaurants: State Park, Mamaleh’s Delicatessen, Café du Pays
Discounted parking at the One Kendall Square Garage – $8/day
What they offer:
- A positive work environment
- A company to learn from and grow within
- Role models within the company
- Sustainably minded
- Charitable donations
- Experience working within a multi location restaurant group
- Flexible schedule
- Software training:
- Reserve – reservation system
- Toast – pos system
- Gather – for catering and events
- Adobe Creative Suite – menu / signage design
- BambooHR- human resources software
- 7shifts – scheduling software
- Google Drive – guides for entire restaurant operation /food/drink/training
- Azendoo – task management / internal communication software
- Gratshare – gratuity management software
PERFORMANCE REVIEW & SALARY NEGOTIATION SCHEDULE
- The timing corresponds to the start date of the individual and fits with their yearly activities
- An assessment of progress
- Clarify and prioritize expectations
- Lay out plans for the second month of training
- An assessment of progress
- Clarify and prioritize expectations
- Focus on behaviors that are consistent with them
- Encourage professional development and growth
- Lay out plans for the third month of training
Ninety Days / First Quarterly Check – In:
- At least one goal and one development activity are to be laid out in this meeting.
- Align goals with their mission
- Set expectations for the remainder of the year
Six Month and Nine Month Quarterly Check – In:
- Revisit expectations and development plan to evaluate progress
- A self-assessment is recommended and is an opportunity to demonstrate progress by documenting examples of how the expectations are being met and by tracking development activities. Both employees and managers are encouraged to document specific examples of the employee’s performance and development activities to allow for more constructive feedback during the discussion.
- While it is anticipated that feedback is ongoing throughout the annual performance review cycle, the quarterly check-in’s are a more formal opportunity to discuss how things are going and to avoid surprises at year’s end.
- Annual 360° assessment and salary negotiation
Big Dipper (State Park, Mamaleh’s, Café du Pays) is an equal opportunity employer and shall treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regards to race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, political activity, lawful tobacco use while off-duty, or any other characteristic protected by law.